Triple Crown Volleyball is still feeling a bit down that we won’t be seeing so many of you in Kansas City this weekend, with the 2021 TC NIT being postponed to May 28-31.
Maybe this is a glass-is-half-full situation — temperatures will fall below zero throughout President’s Day Weekend, so you can stash your sherpas and look forward to warmer, friendlier conditions when we return in late May!
Either way, we hope you are getting on the court soon, playing hard and playing it safe as volleyball returns to (somewhat) normal.
We have more than 450 teams committed to play in the NIT in May! We've updated the Who’s Coming list; check back regularly for the latest additions:
EVENT NEWS: TC Volleyball has had to cancel this year’s East Coast Invitational (June 12-14); the city of Baltimore needs the Convention Center for its efforts to fight COVID-19.
Interest in this inaugural event was high from the very start, and we look forward to trying again in 2022.
We may have to wait another few months to take the court in Kansas City, but Triple Crown Volleyball is excited to present the most prestigious and competitive invite-only event in the country in May.
The new dates for the TC NIT are May 28-31, 2021.
May 28: College Camps (pending NCAA regulations/restrictions)
May 29-31: Tournament Play
We were able to secure all the halls of the Kansas City Convention Center, a majority of the hotels have large blocks for us to work with, and the city is eager to welcome everyone! The TC NIT will be an excellent warm-up for JVA World Challenge, AAU Nationals and USAV Nationals, and we hope to welcome hundreds of college coaches to recruit in person.
Clubs or teams already accepted and paid into the event have first rights to play in May. We need to know by Friday, February 5, 2021 what your club or specific team plans to do. If we don’t hear from you by this date, we will open spots to other clubs that were on the wait list, were denied to play in 2021 or new teams interested in the May dates. Any new teams will be vetted first by TC NIT officials to ensure the competitive nature of the event.
12u - TBD (Bartle Convention Center or MAVS facility)
13u - TBD (Hy-Vee Arena, MAVS or Bartle Convention Center)
14u through 18u - Bartle Convention Center
Hotels: Our goal is to transfer all reservations for each specific team if you choose to play in May. Our software company is confident it can accommodate everyone with this process. Please don't contact us with questions on lodging, work with your club's lodging coordinator instead.
Due to current conditions in Kansas City, and new orders released today from the Mayor extending COVID-19 restrictions to potentially May 1, we have officially postponed the Triple Crown NIT volleyball event until May of 2021.
We will be releasing new dates and information tomorrow afternoon via email, website and social media for what is being tabbed the Summer NIT Warm-Up Challenge. The goal is to run the same divisions (Elite, Open, Select and Club) with power pools and brackets that you are accustomed to seeing at the NIT event. If clubs are unable to attend the May dates, we may open up the tournament to new clubs to join. However, any new clubs will be vetted to ensure they are a competitive fit.
Please don’t reach out to us with questions about hotel reservations. We will be working diligently with each club’s lodging coordinator in the coming weeks on the best plan for your team. If clubs decide to send teams to the May event, we can transfer reservations to the same property and/or cancel them all together. Keep in mind, not a single reservation has been sent to a partner hotel in Kansas City and thus no money has been exchanged.
We truly appreciate your patience through all of this and hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy during these difficult times.
This week we officially submitted a 15-page proposal to the Kansas City Health Department and are hopeful they will approve our plan to run a safe event in February. We've been working tirelessly to ensure the proper safety and health protocols are in place while also allowing spectators into the venue to watch.
You can view the full proposal here: DOWNLOAD
We will have our next update via email to all clubs by Monday, Jan. 11 at 2 p.m. MT.